Chair Yoga Teacher Trainingwith Meaghan Burridge & Ann Marie Lane
Sunday, November 10 & 17, 2019
This is an introductory course about the practice of Chair Yoga designed for yoga teachers and anyone who works with people with limited mobility. In this course you will:
- an asana manual with photos of yoga poses adapted for a chair
- a master chair yoga sequence with options for modifying and adapting
- a teaching manual outlining the tools and techniques of Chair Yoga
- Examine the unique needs of people with limited mobility with guest teacher Ann Marie Lane
- Learn asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, mudra and mantra
- Participate in two full length Chair Yoga classes
- Practice planning and teaching Chair Yoga classes
- Come to understand safety as it relates to teaching Chair Yoga
- Be introduced to the various yoga props used in a Chair Yoga class
- Apply yoga philosophy to this method of teaching
Embody Yoga & Wellness, 10 Forbes Street – Suite #103, St. John’s, NL
2 Sundays – November 10 & 17, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
12 Hours (all training hours can be applied toward Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance)
This course is open to yoga teachers and anyone who works with people with limited mobility and who would like to incorporate yoga tools into their practice (doctors, physiotherapists, home care workers, and many more). Note that completion of this course *will not* give you a designation of Certified (or Registered) Yoga Teacher. Click here for information on becoming a Certified Yoga Teacher.
If you are wondering if this program is right for you please contact Meaghan at meaghanburridge@.
Investment: $180 +HST ($207.00 total)
- Click the ‘Register’ button below to book your space.
- Followed by an email transfer to email@example.com.
***Payment must be received within an hour of registering to secure your space. If you wish to pay in person, you space will be secured once payment is received.***
Meaghan Burridge is the co-founder, director and senior teacher of Yoga Teacher Training NL. Since 2012 YTT-NL has trained almost 100 yoga teachers in Newfoundland & Labrador! A teacher of Alignment-Based Hatha Yoga, Meaghan’s style was cultivated in the system of Anusara Yoga under the tutelage of Robin Golt and Barrie Risman of Montreal. In 2009 Meaghan co-founded Shakti Yoga Studio in St. John’s. Today Meaghan enjoys a beautiful and sustainable balance of teaching yoga and raising her three children.