COVID-19 Screening & Guidelines
COVID-19 Screening Checklist
All students and teachers must answer these questions prior to attending classes at Embody Yoga & Wellness:
- In the past 14 days, have you returned from travel or been in close contact with someone who has returned from travel outside of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador?
- In the past 14 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19 or had close contact with someone with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in a COVID-19 impacted area (applies to places, businesses, workplaces, etc. within Newfoundland and Labrador)?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: severe difficulty breathing, severe chest pain, having a very hard time waking up, feeling confused, lost consciousness, or unable to lie down due to shortness of breath?
- Do you have 2 or more of the following: sore throat, fever, hoarse voice, difficulty or pain with swallowing, decreased or loss of sense of taste or smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting. pink eye (conjunctivitis), runny nose/sneezing without other known cause, nasal congestion without other known cause, or small red or purple spots on your hands and/or feet?
If the response to all screening questions is NO you may proceed to attend in-person classes at Embody Yoga & Wellness studio and follow the COVID-19 Studio Operating Guidelines below.
If the response to any questions is YES please reschedule your class or attend online. If necessary, please email us to put your classes on hold. This checklist provides basic information only and does not take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is not equivalent to a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Studio Operating Guidelines
- Students and teachers must wear a non-medical mask upon entering and exiting to the studio. Once they are on their mat they may remove their mask.
- If the student or teacher has to leave their mat during class they must put their mask back on.
Teachers and students are required to stay home if they or someone they live with are unwell or symptomatic.
Students must bring their own props (or suitable household substitutes) including mat, straps, blocks, blankets, and bolsters. Props available for purchase at Embody.
Chair Yoga students do not need to bring a chair and can use one from the studio. They are disinfected after each use.
If desired, students may bring their own filled water bottles.
Students and teachers must wash hands or use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the studio.
Students are asked not to enter prior to 10-minutes before the class start time to allow for ample cleaning time between classes and for the previous class to leave the building.
Only two students are permitted in the entrance of the studio at a time and must honour physical distancing. Please wait outside until there is space for you to enter the studio.
Do not congregate in the stairwell as people may need to walk by to go upstairs.
- High touch surfaces and floors will be cleaned and disinfected between classes.
There will be 30 minutes between back-to-back classes to ensure physical distancing and ample time to clean.
- Fans cannot be used at this time. The front and the back door will be opened before and after class if the outside air temperature is cooler than inside to allow for airflow. The back door will be opened during class as needed.
Registration must be done online, over the phone with credit card, or through email transfer. We will not be accepting cash at the studio.
- New students must complete the digital intake form and prior to attending their first class online or in studio.