Registration & Payment
- Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We cannot retroactively issue refunds for classes as your payment has already been allocated to resources and expenses incurred based on your registration in the class.
- A special exception may be granted for extenuating circumstances (i.e. medical reasons with a note from your medical provider). Refund requests must be received in writing via email. Refunds will apply to classes occurring 24 hours after the date of receipt and subject to an administrative fee. Credit card refunds are also subject to a 3% admin fee on the refund amount.
- At this time, for safety and efficiency, we prefer contactless payments through credit card or email transfer.
- Send email transfers to email@example.com. We will book you in manually after which you will receive registration confirmation.
- If you would like to pay by cheque, please email us to get our mailing address.
- We offer payment plans for membership registrations (see below).
Membership & Payment Plans
- Membership monthly payment plans are subject to a $5 admin fee that is applied to the first payment. The first payment is due at checkout when you register. The subsequent payments will be charged monthly after the first.
- To cancel your recurring Membership, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation will apply to classes occurring 24 hours after receipt of email. If there is a remaining balance on your account it will be put on hold for future registration.
- If you cancel your Annual Membership payment plan prior to the next payment, your credit card will be charged an additional fee on top of what you have paid up to that point. You received a discount for committing to this longer period and the additional fee represents what you would have paid for a single session.
- If you cancel your 12-Week Seasonal Membership payment prior to the end of the session, your credit card will be charged an additional fee on top of what you have paid up to that point. You received a discount for committing to this longer period and the additional fee represents what you would have paid for the classes you attended up to the point of cancellation.
- If you have to discontinue classes for extenuating circumstances, like medical reasons, we will pause your payments for up to 2 months at no charge. At this point your space in class will open up. Any classes that have already been paid for with a previous payment will be put on hold.
- You can switch to another class (online or in-studio), space permitting, at any time at no charge.
- Payment plans do not apply to class passes, gift certificates, workshops, courses, or other special series and are subject to an administrative fee.
Students can request to put amounts paid for a membership or class pass on hold if they are unable to participate in their remaining classes due to extenuating circumstances such as medical reasons. Requests must be received in writing via email. Approved requests are effective from the date the email was received. Classes can be put on hold for up to a year beyond which the student can request for an extension.
- Regular weekly classes canceled due to inclement weather, power outages, or other circumstances out of Embody Yoga Studio’s control will not be credited, refunded, or rescheduled. Students are invited to attend another class during the session to make up the canceled class or do a class from our online Members’ Area. Depending on the teacher’s access to technology, we may offer a Zoom online class, but this is not guaranteed.
- Workshops or special series will be rescheduled due to inclement weather, power outages, or other circumstances out of Embody Yoga Studio’s control.
- Students will be notified of cancellations via email no less than 1.5 hours before class. We will also post cancellations to Facebook and Instagram.
- In the event a teacher cannot teach due to personal reasons, the class will be taught by a substitute teacher or be rescheduled. Students can also make-up by attending a different class instead.
- In the event a teacher cannot teach in-person (i.e. self-isolating) but is able to teach from home, the class will be taught online or a substitute will teach from the studio. Students can also make-up by attending a different class instead.
- In the event the studio needs to close temporarily due to COVID-19, all classes will continue online through Zoom.
- Registration is non-refundable. In-studio students can continue class online or put their registration on hold (credit) for future use. A special exception may be granted for extenuating circumstances. Requests must be received in writing via email. Refunds will apply from the date of receipt and subject to an administrative fee.
Membership Make-up Classes
- Members register for the same weekly class(es) but our generous make-up policy allows you to make-up any missed classes by attending another class that meets your needs.
- Students are invited to attend another class anytime during the ongoing session, either in advance or after their missed classes.
- Make-up classes cannot be used towards workshops, private lessons, or to purchase yoga props or other retail items.
A 5% discount on membership registration is available for seniors 65 and greater, yoga teachers, and high school, college, and university students. Discounts apply to membership only and not to passes and drop-in.