I am always scouring the internet looking for inspiration for healthy meals and snacks. So I thought I would share some of my latest favourite finds!
- Healthy Banana Bread by Cookie + Kate – This 100% whole wheat banana bread is scrumptious and free of refined sugar. I typically add walnuts and sometimes chocolate chips. Also super easy to make. Only one bowl needed!
- Golden Red Lentil Dal wit Cilantro Speckled Basmati – I don’t think I would be able to make a list like this without having a recipe from Angela Liddon at Oh She Glows. I am on her blog or using her cookbook every week. This vegan and gluten-free dal is hearty and filling. I serve it with some store-bought whole wheat naan. It is a good make-ahead meal and she shares some tips for freezing in the post.
- Stir-fry Tatsoi, Crusty Tofu with Sweet-Sour Sauce – Most of my recipe searching lately has been inspired by the veggies we get in our Lester’s Chalet CSA. Earlier this summer we got tatsoi so I scoured the internet for something tasty. Since tatsoi isn’t common in our local grocery you can easily sub with bok choy, which is more readily available. While I love a stir-fry with tofu, I decided to replace it with chicken and it turned out great.
- Quick and Easy Fried Rice – I was looking for an easy fried rice recipe and came across this simple dish. Great to serve as a side or add tofu or chicken for a main meal. Leftover or cooled rice works best for frying. But, honestly, I have fried rice right after it finished steaming in the pot. Still delish!
- Wholegrain Rhubarb Crumble Bars – When Rhubarb was in season earlier this summer I made these nutty vegan bars as a treat for a get together after my goddaughters christening. They were a hit! I am looking forward to trying them with blueberries.
Let me know if you tried any of these recipes and how it went!