I am so excited to share some of my favorite things that are part of my self-care and pampering toolbox. I am always on the hunt for natural products that work just as well as conventional ones, which can be filled with chemicals that irritate the skin and harmful to our overall health.
The list below includes skincare and beauty products along with some other things I use to care for myself at a deeper level. Everything is small enough to fit into a stocking so you can surprise a loved one this Christmas or even treat yourself!
1. Crazy Sexy Love Notes by Kris Carr: I received this lovely and inspirational card deck as a gift from a sweet friend for my birthday this year. It includes 52 cards with beautiful artwork and powerful messages to help embrace your unique magnificence. They are a wonderful reminder to nourish, appreciate, and love yourself.
2. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel: I love to use this toner to wipe away any excess dirt that remains after cleansing. Apply to a cotton pad to further cleanse and moisturize. I have seen this locally and many natural health stores.
3. Andalou Naturals Beauty Balm: This natural facial beauty balm with SPF 30 provides broad spectrum protection, moisturizes, and has a sheer tint to even skin tone. It feels light and fresh on the skin and also smells great. I found this in the natural food/product section at my local Dominion grocery store.
4. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash: A friend of mine introduced me to using baby shampoo as eye makeup remover back in university. Her eyes are very sensitive and her doctor recommended baby shampoo as a gentler alternative to eye makeup remover. I have been using it ever since and Burt’s Bees is currently my natural brand of choice.
5. Pacfica Concealer: This concealer is perfect for covering up blemishes or dark circles under the eyes. I have tried a lot of natural options and this is definitely my favorite! I purchased this locally at The Natural Health Shop.
6. Routine de-odor-cream: I searched high and low for a natural deodorant that actually works. The sales lady at The Natural Health Shop swore by this brand so I gave it a go…and she was right! I purchased the sample kit which comes with 11 different scents at three different strength levels.
7. Benecos Eyeshadow: I really love these eyeshadows! They go on great and come in a beautiful variety of colours. I am looking forward to trying more of their products. I purchased mine locally at The Healthy Vibe.
8. Young Living Lavender Essential Oil: This essential oil is great for promoting relaxation and the scent is divine. I use Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils however, there are other brands available at natural health stores or in the natural product section at many grocery stores.
9. Halfmoon Eye Pillow: A perfect way to pamper yourself during savasana or after a long day. Choose one scented with lavender to ease you into total bliss!
10. The Simply Bar: I love to stash one of these protein bars in my purse when I am out and about and need an easy snack. Gluten free, vegan, low glycemic index, and with 16 grams of protein, these bars will tie you over until mealtime.